This is the guitar cake! It was a challenge, but I must admit that I kind of surprised myself on this one!
Drum Cake, Josh insisted on having drumsticks with marshmallows on the end!
Happy Birthday Boys!
How many people can you fit on a motorized Hummer??? 6 I think!
Battle of the Bands!!!
Another Band
Good Eats!
Reading "Zin Zin Zin Violin"
Josh and his cake
Nathan and his cake
Finally getting to open gifts! We requested no gifts at the birthday party and that was great! We didn't have to face the question "when do we open presents". The boys just had fun with their friends, and we opened gifts from family later that day!
Watch Out, I'm gonna soak you!
Okay, so it's been a little while, but I thought I'd share the Musical Birthday experience with everyone. The party was on Saturday, May 21st. It was the "Griffith Summer Music Fest". The boys had a great time helping to plan and tell me what kind of cakes they wanted. We invited friends from church and school and had lots of fun singing and dancing with everyone. The kids broke up into "bands" and sang songs as a concert for everyone. The two birthday boys did not participate in the concert. Hot dogs, mac n cheese, and other yummies were served for lunch. Then it was time to break into the cakes. Oh, the cakes.....Nathan requested a guitar cake, and Josh wanted a drum cake. Both cakes were a bit of a challenge, but you know I had a great time baking, cutting, icing, and decorating them. Here are a few pictures of the "Griffith Summer Music Fest".
No comments:
Post a Comment