Saturday, May 29, 2010

Mayleigh Faith Griffith is on her way!!!!

So, being the impatient person that I am, I talked my lovely husband into driving me and the boys to Palestine on this fine Saturday morning to visit with a sonographer.  The UltraSound Technician is a friend of mine's cousin who when on-call when do sonograms at the Hospital.  When she first started looking I was afraid we weren't going to be able to find out because the baby was turned so that you could see much.  She wiggled and jiggled a little bit and kept looking.  Dan said "I think I see boy parts".  But, she said "I think that's just the cord".  She continued looking more and found what she needed, no boy parts, and sure enough, it was just the cord.  She said "Yea, that's a girl" and proceeded to show us exactly why it was a girl.  I looked over to Dan and I can not describe the smile on his face.  It looks like she already has his heart!!!  I also can't describe the look on Josh's face, he wasn't too thrilled it was a girl.  He had told us while we were looking that it was going to be a boy.  I think he will learn to love and enjoy his baby sister.  We will have another sonogram with our doctor in early July.  Hopefully we will see the same results!!!!

3 comments:

Home as Hobby said...

YEAH!!! Congrats you two...or 4, I guess I should say. So sorry Josh, but she'll have you wrapped too. Can't wait to see you guys and catch up. Since school is almost over, we won't be so crazy and we'll come visit. :)

Marci said...

Congratulations, how fun!!! A little girl to help settle the "boy/girl" balance of power in your house! Ha ha. That is just wonderful.

Anonymous said...

sooooo excited! girls are so much fun! :)