Wednesday, August 26, 2009

We're off to school!

First Day of School! The boys started school on Tuesday, August 25th. We had a hard time trying to find a school that would suit both of their needs, but I think we have done so, and far beyond. This school has wonderful teachers and classroom aides. The rooms are set-up in centers and allows the children to play and learn. We went to "Meet the Teacher" on Friday before they started, and Josh asked me everyday after that "Is today the day I go to school by myself?" He wanted to go without me and Daddy there. This is Nathan's attempt at telling me bye! He was so excited about all the new things in his classroom, he barely said anything. He finally found a toy boat to play in and when I went to give him a kiss good-bye, he wouldn't kiss me until he was completely in it and ready to play.

Nathan had to carry his lunchbox even though it's bigger than he is. His backpack is going to be the same way soon. The one he is carrying in this picture is too small to fit all of his school projects and paperwork in.
This was at the apartment right before we left for school! I had them say "First Day of School"!!!
This one is just classic! I love the look on both of their faces...pure excitement! Thank You NUNU for the SWEET new clothes we had for our first day of school!
Now, here is the clincher that they loved school. I took a ton of pictures before school, but really wished I had my camera for pick-up time. I went in and got Nathan first. He was excited to see me. When we got to the door to get Josh, they were on the floor listening to their teacher about something, he looked over, saw I was there, and fell to the floor in tears, and at one point said "NO". His teacher wasn't sure what to do because he had such a good day. She was just stunned. I informed her that he's been waiting for this day and he had so much fun that he didn't want to go home. Now, most people might think "WOW, what is his homelife like if he doesn't want to go home." Well, his homelife is fine, and for those of you who know Josh well, you know he is a little social bug! He always has been! I think he social juices have been welled up inside of him for a month and a half since we moved that he just let them all go yesterday at school! He just needed some interaction with other kids, and he got that, and didn't want to leave! He told me he wanted to stay there "all day long". Some moms would get upset about this reaction, but I just know that Josh's heart is to be around others and he hasn't had the interaction with other children that is used to.
Right now, he is enrolled for 2 days a week, but I will be working soon to try and get him in the 3 day program if they have an opening. This means he will move from Tuesday/Thursday to Mon/Wed/Fri, and if possible, Nathan would move to Mon/Wed.




No comments: